The internet and advanced technologies have helped businesses to grow rapidly and these also help people in different locations to connect easily. As companies begin to expand, the number of seminars, meetings, or presentations they conduct also increase. Highly refined thoughts and educative materials are presented in business meetings and conferences which need to be documented and captured carefully using business transcription. Important talks and discussions are common for any business setup and these talks can be recorded and transcribed into well-structured text and for future references. Today, with access to many good digital transcription agencies, companies can easily convert their audio or video recordings into text format. Sometimes organizations may have half of the employees in the office and the other half at a different location and with advanced technologies like video conferencing, telephone meetings etc they can connect efficiently. Whatever be the way adopted to connect with each other, it must be done efficiently and produce tangible results.
Here are some successful strategies to consider to connect with your team more efficiently.
- Set up your own connectivity model: Business leaders can set up their own connectivity model to meet specific organizational needs. Connection and efficiency can be promoted by mapping daily, weekly and monthly communication expectations for your team, and also the ideal methods.
- Use a digital communication model: With tools like social media, text messages, mobile conferencing and so on, people in remote locations can also connect well. So, leverage these tools to reach out to team members.
- Provide open virtual access: Conversation platforms like Slack, Slido and others help to stay in touch. Business leaders should ensure that everyone has access to these, and it helps to have a human connection.
- Provide a safe space for speaking up in the meeting: Providing a safe space for speaking makes the meeting more effective, empowers team members to ask what they need and support each other. It also helps to observe how each person engages.
- Set up an agenda: Having a set agenda helps to ensure that you create the space to surface the roadblocks and provide support. Keeping an agenda reminds you of the topics that need to be discussed ad also keep track of the time.
- Respect people’s preferences: If there is a problem to be addressed, lay it out to your team and get their opinions. You can communicate by phone, email or text and get everyone’s preference and then stay connected.
- Socialize: Be active on social media and post images that inspire your team mates. You can also share ideas of what others are doing to generate creativity.
- Make a schedule with intention: Organizing a meeting just for the sake of it is unproductive and inefficient. So, it is better to schedule a meeting which addresses something particular and is important to the organization.
- Hold open office hours: Holding open a couple of hours a week helps all team members to connect with each other. The team members can book 5- to 15-minute conversations on an open calendar. But this open-source mindset can be inconvenient during busy weeks.
- Be flexible and consistent: Meetings with team members in various locations is a reality for rapidly growing companies. Driving results, irrespective of the location, requires clearly written and verbal sharing of company objectives and success metrics. Managers will have to rely on both new talent and experienced workers at varying levels of expertise. It is important to be flexible and consistent when touching base with team members.